Saturday, January 15, 2011

You can't fix stupid.

There's an old saying that goes a little something like this. "There's alot of things you can fix, but ya can't fix stupid." While that probably had something to do with duct tape, the saying is still rather true. Intelligence has no strict definition but some would define it as the ability to adapt and the ability to learn. Sound about right? Ok great. So how do you fix someone who can't adapt and can't learn? Point proven. Now given, humans have this ability. Right? Right?!

Well let's start from here...

I work at the hallow of stupidity. The desolate land of lack of intellect. A place where your brain gets hidden somewhere between the shoe department and the ladies' wear department. If you thought Wal-mart. Good job. Now you might understand where the inspiration to write such a blog came from. I deal with customers all day. Now I'm not saying that all of them are stupid. No I have seen plenty of intelligent people pass through. But the ones who ask a lot of questions are the ones that I get to deal with. Would you call Wal-mart to find help to program your universal remote? I wouldn't. Hell, would you call Wal-mart at all? Now, we all pay taxes. But some people don't seem to agree on the idea of doing so. One lady tried to do anything to lower her total bill. Tried to trick me into giving her a better price (which I can't do anyways), and this takes the cake, tried to convince me that the subtotal was how much she owed me, rather than the total after taxes. It took me ten minutes to convince said person that taxes need to be paid.

Sometimes though, they say things that just make me shake my head and want to say something. Ever hear of the Children's Miracle Network? You know... that charity that builds Children's Hospitals, finances medical research, and raises awareness of medical issues revolving around kids. Now someone tried to convince me (after I asked him if he wanted to give a small donation to the charity) that they are a bunch of thieves and that they "only give to the rich". And not only that but he's seen them do it. Wow. Talk about talking out of your ass. Talk much more out of there and they'd have to fumigate the store from all the shit coming out of it. The CMN has a rating of 4 stars out of 4 on the BBB's (Better Business Bureau) Wise Giving Alliance rating system. According to other sources, 89.1% of all money raised goes directly to programming. Other funding goes towards keeping the charity afloat. They have raised over $3 billion and they distribute that to a network of hospitals in North America. Thievery, I say. But like the town herald, he kept loud-mouthing as to how they steal your money.

Feeling smart? Comment on my blog post and give me your opinion. Or better yet, tell me your stories of stupidity. Until next time, keep fit and have fun... um...

No comments:

Post a Comment